Please Note: The Open submission window for 2017 has ended. We will be accepting submissions again in Fall 2018 for First Flight 2019. Thank you.
The FIRST FLIGHT New Play Festival is one of the premiere new play development festivals in Indie Theatre. Each play selected to participate in the festival received 6 hours of rehearsal time over the course of one week, culminating in a public reading of the play for a supportive audience.
Boomerang only accepts electronic submissions. No Hardcopy Submissions Will Be Accepted.
Please submit your resume, a synopsis of your play, and a 10 page sample of the play. Note: This does not have to be the first 10 pages; merely the 10 pages that best represent the play and your writing.
1) FIRST FLIGHT develops only new full length plays--comedies or dramas, adaptations or wholly original--that speak to the current cultural and historical moment in time.
2) We are especially interested in theatrical use of language and style.
3) Plays are not limited to cast size, period or setting.
4) We do not accept musicals, nor do we accept plays less than 60 minutes.
5) Only one submission per playwright per season will be accepted.
6) Plays which were not selected for previous festivals will not be accepted as submissions a second time.
7) One acts (defined for these purposes as plays under 60 minutes in running time) will not be considered.
All submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org